PeterC's Gelato ToDO list
Things I'm intending to do in the near future, or have done in the near past.
This page is no longe maintained. See the Wiki at
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64Wiki for more information on what's happening at Gelato@unsw.
- Install lockmetering on an SMP
- Done 2002.03.07
- Invent some SMP benchmarks to stress the machine
- Evaluate lockmetering output on IA64 and I386
- The idea being to compare/contrast
- Analyse problems for shared things between threads
General Kernel stuff
- Fix all kernel compilation warnings on IA64
- there are many size
Port Robert Love's preemption stuff to IA64.
- Mostly done for 2.5.45, need to update to 2.5.52 and retest; need to test more on SMPDONE
- Test with TCP/IP stresses
- Reports exist of failures to ack packets if incoming packets come too fast --- preemption should help here
Evaluate and improve TCP/IP performance so that gigabit networking
leaves the machine useable at 100% load.
Last modified: Wed Jul 31 13:23:33 EST 2002