Re: [Patch 0/3] Modify how per_cpu allocations are done. -V8

From: Robin Holt <holt_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2008-03-17 23:22:03
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 07:12:40AM -0500, holt@sgi.com wrote:
> This patchset cleans up how per_cpu reservations are done.

Argh, this should have been a better description and really only
and RFC instead of a patch.

I updated the patch to have the early_cpu_possible_mask in both
the contig and discontig cases.  This allows the mca stack allocator
to use that for preallocation instead of cpu_possible_map.  In the
case of !CONFIG_ACPI, the early_cpu_possible_mask == cpu_possible_mask.

I did find a tiger box (that is the same as a McKinnley SDV, correct?) to
try this on, but the serial console is messed up on that machine and it
so I will test this out when I get to the office.  If you get a chance
first, please let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Robin