Re: [patch] Fix large MCA bootmem allocation

From: Russ Anderson <rja_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2008-02-07 02:13:33
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 04:00:09PM -0800, Luck, Tony wrote:
> > Given that ia64_mca_cpu_init() does not get called in
> > the hot-plug path
>
> Surely it must be ...

That's what I thought, until testing showed otherwise.

The two code paths are setup_arch->cpu_init->ia64_mca_cpu_init
for the boot processor and
start_secondary->cpu_init->ia64_mca_cpu_init for the other cpus
at boot time.

>                        you even have code in it to cope
> with this case.  The:
>
> 	if (__per_cpu_mca[cpu]) {
>
> test can only be true if we are back in this code for a
> second run through if the cpu was taken offline and added
> again. Just like it says in the comment above this test.

Written on the assumption that the hot-plug code would
eventually call it.

--
Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com