RE: x86/non-x86: percpu, node ids, apic ids x86.git fixup

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2008-02-06 06:05:03
> Applied that patch and UP kernel built ok, and then crashed in the
> same place with the memset() to a user-looking address from kmem_cache_alloc()
>
> So the percpu changes are innocent ... something else since 2.6.24 is
> to blame.  Only 5749 commits :-)  I'll start bisecting.

The bisection narrowed in on an innocent patch in ipv4 space.  Meanwhile
the rush of patches continues.  When I retested yesterday when Linus
HEAD was 8af03e782... the CONFIG_SMP=n kernel worked perfectly.  So
maybe it was fixed?  Or maybe the bug depends on the relative
location of various bits of code/data and as the kernel grows and
shrinks with incoming changes the problem comes and goes :-(

-Tony