RE: git pull on ia64 linux tree

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2007-12-11 10:07:32

> makes the Makefile work even for a non-executable file for when you use
> inferior tools, but does that mean that we should have thrown away the
> information that it *is* an executable file when not using those inferior
> tools?

Once I added the "python " in front of the name in the Makefile, the need
for it to be executable went away ... so I did the chmod deliberately as
it looked like we didn't need the execute bit any more.

This is only wrong if there are people in the habit of running
arch/ia64/scripts/unwcheck.py manually from the command line.
I've never done this ... but perhaps someone might be sad that
I took the execute bit away.

-Tony