Re: [QUICKLIST 0/6] Arch independent quicklists V1

From: Paul Mackerras <paulus_at_samba.org>
Date: 2007-03-13 11:37:32
David Miller writes:

> I ported this to sparc64 as per the patch below, tested on
> UP SunBlade1500 and 24 cpu Niagara T1000.

Did you see any performance improvement?  We used to have quicklists
on ppc, but I remain to be convinced that they actually help.

Also, I didn't understand why we have to do quicklists to take
advantage of the fact that the pages are in a pristine state when they
are freed.  I thought the whole point of the slab allocator was to be
able to take advantage of that...

Paul.