Re: Kconfig bug (was: Re: fault-injection framework on ia64)

From: Blaisorblade <blaisorblade_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 2007-02-17 07:10:42
On Friday 16 February 2007 20:12, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Blaisorblade wrote:
> > However, more important, if I remove STACKTRACE_SUPPORT, or if I make
> > it 'default n', FAULT_INJECTION can still be enabled, even if it selects
> > STACKTRACE which has a failed dependency (tested on UML). Which is a
> > Kconfig bug - if A selects B and B depends on C, no dependency of A on C
> > is deduced. Right Roman?
>
> Correct, but could someone please give me some more context, what the bug
> is supposed to be here?
Hmm.
You agree that "if A selects B and B depends on C, no dependency of A on C is
deduced", right?

The implication is that the user can enable A, which selects B, while C is
still disabled. The B -> C dependency is violated, and the build will fail or
bad things will happen.

I hope things are now clearer, even without the description of the testcase
where this happened.
--
Inform me of my mistakes, so I can add them to my list!
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade