2.6.19 - MCA in dmi_scan on an Orca

From: Karthik Gopalakrishnan <karthik.g.krishnan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-02-13 06:34:20
Hi Folks.

When I booted 2.6.19 on an IA Superdome (Orca), the kernel caused an
MCA around the "dmi_scan" function. When I set "CONFIG_DMI = n", it
was automatically set back to "y" during the build. I had to
workaround the problem by commenting out
"core_initcall(run_dmi_scan)". On doing so, the MCA went away.

So, my questions are:
1. Does the Orca actually have a DMI Interconnect, or is the Kernel
detecting it wrongly?
2. Is there a cleaner way to disable DMI in such situations?

I am sorry if these questions were answered on another list. I will be
grateful if someone can point me to those posts.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik