Re: Zero size /proc/vmcore on ia64

From: Horms <horms_at_verge.net.au>
Date: 2007-02-09 00:07:37
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 03:52:15PM +0800, Zou, Nanhai wrote:

>   Those values are wrong,
> Could you test we a 2.6.20 plus the patch?

I tried 2.6.20 + your patch.
I tried the same with the addition of Bob Picco's patch to stop
the crash-kernel crashing.
And I tried with Sparse and Discontig memory.
And in all cases I get much the same result :(

I'm wondering if perhaps its got something to do with kexec-tools,
I'm using kexec-tools-testing from git. Is there any possibility
you could send a static binary the version that you are using
(if its from Eric's old tree cross compiling doesn't really work)?

Or perhaps my kernel config is odd.

> Also it will be helpful to print efi_memmap in purgatory code.

Indeed. Do you have any way to dump purgatory's console across
a serial port? The vga console and I are on opposite sides of town
at the moent.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/