man clone on ia64 incomplete/wrong

From: Grant Grundler <grundler_at_parisc-linux.org>
Date: 2006-12-30 04:55:16
Hi,

Helge Deller recently posted a Linux Test Project test failure
on the parisc-linux mailing list:
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2006-December/031030.html

I took the code snippet he posted and tried to compile/run that
on x86 (no problems) and ia64 (undefined reference to `clone').
This is a "known problem". Email thread from 2003:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ia64&m=105778639326638&w=2

The LTP test case was fixed but not the clone man page.
When I was surprised by the link error,  first thing I did was
"man clone" and got the impression there was a bug in ia64 user
space support.  But Helge spared me the digging around and pointed
me at the clone2 code in the original test case.
Anyone working for Intel/HP/Hitachi/SGI/et al care enough to fix
the man page as well?

This would be a good "student" or "intern" task if someone is
looking to contribute to linux without having to know too much.

Basically just need to add a reference to "clone2" and indicate
which architectures do not support clone(2).

thanks,
grant