MCA in console_init()

From: Karthik Gopalakrishnan <karthik.g.krishnan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-12-09 07:30:10
Hi Folks.

    I am trying to debug an MCA that I hit during kernel bootup. I
have isolated the problem to the while loop in the console_init()
routine called as part of start_kernel(). The IIP obtained from the
MCA Logs point to vgacon_startup(). I will be grateful if someone
could tell me how execution lands up in vgacon_startup() from
console_init() since I didn't understand that part of code. Any
document on the low level console initialization would also help.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik