Mapping IIP value to Kernel Symbols

From: Karthik Gopalakrishnan <karthik.g.krishnan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-12-02 01:00:07
Hi All.

    I have a value of IIP that I recovered from an MCA. I want to
figure out which instruction in the Kernel resulted in the MCA. Please
let me know how I can find this information. I don't have a 'Kernel
Dump'. I am using the kernel that shipped with RHEL Release 4 Update
2. Since I wanted a relocatable kernel, I gunzip'ed the kernel. The
kernel didn't load at the default address.

    I am not familiar with the Kernel Debugging tools on Linux. I will
be grateful if you can provide suitable pointers.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik