Re: How to test system program in hp ski simulator???

From: Peter Chubb <peterc_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2006-11-23 09:01:20
>>>>> "sudhnesh" == sudhnesh adapawar <sudhnesh@gmail.com> writes:

sudhnesh> Hey all !  I am a newbie and have following doubts regarding
sudhnesh> hp ski simulator....  I have ia32 archi and i cross-compiled
sudhnesh> the tools and installed ski properly !  1) Ski does not
sudhnesh> resolve shared library for applications.So do we have to
sudhnesh> statically link each and every ia64 binaries ?

Use an IA64 chroot, and things *should* work.  Although I've been
seeing problems (illegal operation faults) in bskinc recently.

See http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64wiki/SkiSimulator for useful
stuff on Ski.
sudhnesh> 2) Can
sudhnesh> anyone tell me how to test system programs(ia64) in ski
sudhnesh> simulator ?  Useful link related will do !

Your best bet is to run a complete emulated kernel and root file
system.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia