Re: How does the ski simulator resolves the dependency on shared libraries?

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2006-11-17 00:02:35
Hello,

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:37:24PM +0530, sudhnesh adapawar wrote:
> Hey all,
>          How does the ski simulator resolves the dependency on shared
> libraries?
>              For e.g: I tried 'ls' command on xski but i failed to run it :

Ski does not resolve shared library for applications. Your 'ls' must be an satically
linked IA-64 binary. Aslo keep in mind that ski operates in one of two modes: system
or application. In the latter, you would do: xski ls.  You probably also need to specify
the absolute path if the binary is not in the current directory.

> [root@basemant /]# xski ls vmlinux simscsi=/var/ski-disks/sd
> ls - No such file or directory
> ls - No such file or directory
> xski: Could not open ls for reading
> [root@basemant /]# which ls
> alias ls='ls --color=tty'
>       /bin/ls
> [root@basemant /]# xski /bin/ls vmlinux simscsi=/var/ski-disks/sd
> /bin/ls - wrong architecture (3)
> xski: Could not open /bin/ls for reading
> [root@basemant /]#
>
> Please kindly reply !
>
> - Sudhnesh
> -