[patch 0/2] remove per-cpu dtr requirement

From: Chen, Kenneth W <kenneth.w.chen_at_intel.com>
Date: 2006-10-14 03:01:33
Christoph's variable kernel page size support patch reminds me
this 10 month old patch:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ia64&m=114074826111970&w=2

I strongly believe it is stable enough for 2.6.19.  Reposted here
for mainline consideration.

----

Patch set that remove pinned DTR per-cpu TLB requirement.  Instead
we use DTC to map that translation.

With these two patches, we measured substantial performance gain
on a database benchmark, in the vicinity of 1.6%. I've also done
extensive performance measurement on two other industry standard
benchmarks (cpu, java), and have found to have small gain on those
workloads.

Detail description in the follow on patches.

- Ken