RE: ia64 kexec: control_page

From: Zou, Nanhai <nanhai.zou_at_intel.com>
Date: 2006-08-28 11:28:46

Hi Horms,
	4k stacks should work in practice.
However I defined the 8k stack and backing store sizes according to
SAL spec 3.2.4
"Firmware to Operation System Hand-Off state"

The fake_sal_rendz related code is from Aziz for kernel without CONFIG_CPU _HOTPLUG enabled,
However it is currently not working, still need fix from Aziz.

My personal opinion is that we don't need the fake randz code, since they will not be executed at the time of kdump.
While at the time of kexec, we can use the CPU hotplug code to put CPUS back to SAL rendz state.

Thanks
Zou Nan hai