RE: patches added to release/test trees

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2006-06-27 03:23:19
> > I linked his tags directory to my tree ... lets see how that works.
>
> I noticed (to my surprise) a bunch of tags show up while using gitweb
> this morning. So I guess its working, at least to some extent.

The only bit that I'm worried about is what will happen when
Linus adds a new tag.  Until I do a pull&push to catch up, I'll
have a "bogus" tag (pointing to an object that I don't have).
Whether this is an annoyance, or a major problem, remains to
be seen.

The 2.6.17 tag is now 8 days old, so if Linus sticks to the 2-week
merge window, we'll find out in ~6days when 2.6.18-rc1 comes out.

-Tony