RE: [RFC 1/2] Xen/ia64 modified files

From: Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian_at_intel.com>
Date: 2006-06-06 19:47:42

Hi, Jes,
	Thanks for careful review. I agree that xen should be introduced
as some type of new 'box' as others, like current sn/hp/dig under
arch/ia64. That does save many ugly checks for is_running_on_xen
scattered in common code. Future it would be even worse. Actually
that's the way how xen/x86 has already done currently, where
mach-xen is introduced under arch/i386 and thus the hierarchy is
much cleaner. IMO, that's one of the outstanding gaps between
xen/x86 and xen/ia64, and time for change now. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin