Re: Montecito processor family

From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson_at_hp.com>
Date: 2006-06-01 13:30:58
On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 22:06 -0500, Russ Anderson wrote:
> It would be nice to have a "model name" text description,
> for people that don't know the meaning of 32.  There are
> people that need to use the right flavor of CPU that know
> the English name.  It's easier to have the code print the
> text name than teach them the cryptic numbers.

  I second this.  It shouldn't be as hard as it currently is to
determine what processor is installed in the system.  The common names
are well enough advertised, even if unofficial.  The family/model
numbers don't mean much to most people.  Thanks,

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.