Re: dropping CONFIG_IA32_SUPPORT from ia64

From: dann frazier <dannf_at_dannf.org>
Date: 2006-05-26 15:59:44
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 02:23:18PM -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> But how many of the in-the-field systems are still being updated
> with the latest kernels?  I know there are a few die-hards determined
> to use their BigSur boxes until they eventually fail.  But this
> does tell me that I should be looking at a much longer timescale
> to drop this.  A new Madison box bought today should be usable
> for some years to come.

Just for clarity, what platforms would be affected by this?  I thought
the non-free software was needed for Montecito+, and that Madison
worked fine w/o it.

My vote is not to drop the "free" kernel support, though I'm also not
offering to take over maintenance so it probably doesn't count for
much.

--
dann frazier