Re: + git-hdrcleanup-vs-git-klibc-on-ia64.patch added to -mm tree

From: H. Peter Anvin <hpa_at_zytor.com>
Date: 2006-05-15 08:02:21
Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Using byte swizzling instrincts I supposed.  On the other hand asm/byteorder.h
> really shouldn't be user-exposed to start with.

asm/byteorder.h is at least useful for klibc; it can, of course, be
completely done in klibc itself as long as bi-endian platforms have
appropriate intrinsic defines.

klibc (ab)uses the __le16_to_cpu() et al macros; the reason for that is
just to cut down on the amount of architecture-specific code that has to
be written for klibc itself.

	-hpa