Re: + git-hdrcleanup-vs-git-klibc-on-ia64.patch added to -mm tree

From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2_at_infradead.org>
Date: 2006-05-15 07:35:56
On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 22:15 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Using byte swizzling instrincts I supposed.  On the other hand asm/byteorder.h
> really shouldn't be user-exposed to start with.

A whole bunch of things include byteorder.h

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 22:17 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> elf.h shouldn't be exported to userspace at all.  there's a separate incarnation
> of elf.h in userland, so anyone importing the kernel one is plain stupid.
>
> similarly no one should be using page.h, there is nothing in there userspace
> should ever look at

ucontext.h includes elf.h for elf_gregset_t.
elf.h includes page.h (probably for PAGE_SIZE).

Yes, they do want cleaning up -- but I want the first set of stuff in
the hdrcleanup git tree to be _entirely_ simple and uncontentious. We
can get on to the more interesting stuff later.

--
dwmw2