Re: beta of pfmon-3.2 available

From: Andrew Morton <akpm_at_osdl.org>
Date: 2006-05-03 22:47:11
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:56:36 -0700
Stephane Eranian <eranian@hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> I have finally released the first beta version of pfmon-3.2.

perfctr was almost-ready-for-merge.  Then it was decided that perfmon was
the way ahead, and perfctr died.  And now perfmon isn't making progress in
the kernelwards direction (worse, perfmon is getting bigger, thus making a
merge harder and harder).  So we now have the worst of all worlds.

This is a problem.  I'd suggest that at this time we should be
concentrating on getting perfmon merged up rather than adding more stuff to
the out-of-tree version.

IOW: please send patches ;)

And keep sending them.  People want this.

Thanks.