Re: [RFC 2/3] LVHPT - Setup LVHPT

From: Christian Hildner <christian.hildner_at_hob.de>
Date: 2006-05-03 21:15:04
Ian Wienand schrieb:

>On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 10:07:35AM +0200, Christian Hildner wrote:
>

>>Yes. So why not picking up Ken's idea of two parallel IVTs.
>>

>I have a version of this, which I've tried to post here but I think
>the size limit here is very low.  It made it through to linux-mm
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mm&m=114664224732618&w=2
>
>or the patches are at
>
>http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/~ianw/lvhpt/patches/v2
>
>It generates ivt.S using a little script.  Any feedback on this
>approach welcome.

Ian,

I suggested a solution without having any script at all instead working
with something like ivt.h containing macros for all common code and
ivt_svhpt.S and ivt_lvhpt.S in parallel for specific code. It just might
be more readable than your approach and both ways would be treated equal
by the make process. Technically they are the same.

Christian