Re: [Perfctr-devel] 2.6.16-rc5 perfmon2 new code base + libpfm with Montecito support

From: William Cohen <wcohen_at_nc.rr.com>
Date: 2006-03-14 05:39:01
Hi Stephane,

I have been looking through the perfmon2 code to see how it is going to
work with OProfile. It looks like the ia64 oprofile support has not been
modified to work with the changes in perfmon2. Has the ia64 kernel been
built with perfmon2 and oprofile support? I don't have easy access to an
ia64, so I haven't been able to verify that the attached patch works.
However, I expect that the changes in the patch will be required for
OProfile to function with perfmon2.

-Will