RE: git pull on ia64 linux tree

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2006-03-09 07:47:34
>On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:54:26AM -0800, Luck, Tony wrote:
>> Bjorn Helgaas:
>>       [IA64] don't report !sn2 or !summit hardware as an error
>>       [IA64] SGI SN drivers: don't report !sn2 hardware as an error
>
>I  thought hch solved  this by  fixing  the initcall  code  to  not
>treat -ENODEV as an error  worthy of  reporting?

That's what happens when I get far, far behind on LKML.  I've found
traces of the threads ... though none by hch, and no clear agreement
about whether 0 or -ENODEV is right.  Some of this code is linked
into the ia64 generic kernel by default, so I'm leaning a little
towards Bjorn's position that we shouldn't be returning an error.

-Tony