Problems with MSI-X on ia64

From: Miller, Mike (OS Dev) <Mike.Miller_at_hp.com>
Date: 2006-01-27 04:14:22
Hello,
Has anyone tested MSI-X on ia64 based platforms? We're using a 2.6.9
variant and a cciss driver with MSI/MSI-X support. The kernel has MSI
enabled. On ia64 the MSI-X table is all zeroes. On Intel x86_64
platforms the table contains valid data and everything works as
expected.

If I understand how this works the Linux kernel is supposed to program
up the table based on the HW platform. I can't find anything in the ia64
code that does this. For x86_64 and i386 it looks like the magic address
is

	#define APIC_DEFAULT_BASE	0xfee00000

Anybody know why this isn't defined for ia64? Any answers, input, or
flames are appreciated.

Thanks,
mikem