RE: Why is psr.ic off for ia64_pal_cache_flush?

From: Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) <dan.magenheimer_at_hp.com>
Date: 2006-01-06 06:59:29
> Did you get any responses to this?  I played with ia64_pal_cache_flush
> on an Altix (over a year ago) and couldn't get it to work without
> converting it to use PAL_CALL.  Are you having a similar problem when
> you use it for XEN?

The PAL spec has changed so that PAL_CALL is correct and PAL_CALL_IC_OFF
is incorrect.  So this is a bug in Linux/ia64, though currently
harmless since ia64_pal_cache_flush is unused.

I think Kevin was going to submit a patch to the linux-ia64 list
so that others don't run into this problem in the future.

Dan