Re: Announce: kdb v4.4 is available for kernel 2.6.15

From: Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey_at_wolfmountaingroup.com>
Date: 2006-01-05 02:04:46
Keith,

I noticed that during page faults, the OOPS handler is not getting
called when the kernel crashes in
filp_open() -- the notifier chain does not return for some reason.  I
also noticed that when this happens, if you the section in
/arch/i386/kernel/traps.c in function die() prior to the busting of
spinlocks, it will work (sortof work).  To reproduce this error, call
filp_open with a text string complied in the kernel.  I can reproduce on
2.6.10 and 2.6.11 Fedora Kernels.   Also noticed that when Kprobes is
enabled, the debugger page faults during a page fault exeception.
Seems related to the notifier chain.

If you fixed this already, disregard this notice.

Jeff