Understanding early mm initialisation

From: Andreas Schwab <schwab_at_suse.de>
Date: 2005-11-25 04:54:19
I'm trying to track down a bug that appears to be a miscompilation with
the latest gcc 4.1 head, but I haven't been able to figure out where to
look.  The problem is that the first call to set_page_zone that happens in
memmap_init_zone leads to a crash, as if vmem_map points to unmapped
memory.  Now I'm trying to understand where the memory for vmem_map is
actually mapped and how I can find out whether that mapping is indeed
valid.

Thanks, Andreas.