Re: [RFC] 4-level page table directories.

From: Robin Holt <holt_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-11-09 23:11:47
Have we all agreed by now that the performance hit is relatively minor
(unmeasurable for most cases due to it being less than the noise of the
samples) from 4-level page tables?  Do I need to do any more performance
measurements?

> measured 221 clocks with 3-level page table, versus 298 clocks with

This looks like approx the amount of stall you would see from a cacheline
fill.  Is this value the average of a large number of samples a single
sample.

Thanks,
Robin