Re: [RFC] 4-level page table directories.

From: Ian Wienand <ianw_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2005-11-03 09:26:12
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:16:11AM -0600, Robin Holt wrote:
> I think I will hold off on doing this for now.  I think it is better done
> as a seperate patch.  I will happily try to tackle this once the direction
> of 4-level PTDs is set, but until then, I think I want to skip this.

Ok, cool.  I'll try again later (once I've finished fixing all our
patches to account for 4 levels ;).

I must admit to be a bit perplexed however.  I would have thought that
a customer who just spent (what I assume is a lot of) money on a
machine to map huge areas of contiguous memory would really want to
evaluate the probable benefits of larger pages, despite what Redhat
ships.  I'm probably just extremley naive as to what customers really
want, however.

-i