Re: [RFC] 4-level page table directories.

From: David Mosberger-Tang <David.Mosberger_at_acm.org>
Date: 2005-11-02 02:41:26
On 11/1/05, Robin Holt <holt@sgi.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get time on one of our larger machines today to run the
> RandomAccess benchmark (as well as some help from somebody that has run
> these before).  Is there a certain number of cpus you would like this
> run on or is a 64p box adequate?

Oh, even a single CPU should be fine.  Just use a large working set.
IIRC, about 16GB should ensure that not even the page tables fit in
the cache (depending on your cache-size, of course).

Thanks,

Mosberger Consulting LLC, voice/fax: 510-744-9372,
http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/
35706 Runckel Lane, Fremont, CA 94536