Re: [RFC] 4-level page table directories.

From: David Mosberger-Tang <David.Mosberger_at_acm.org>
Date: 2005-10-29 12:18:16
On 10/28/05, Luck, Tony <tony.luck@intel.com> wrote:

> The worst-case loser from this might be a benchmark that runs
> oodles of small processes (partly from the overhead of the extra
> page, and partly because I suspect that fork/exec/exit might see
> the most impact).  So I'd like to see some AIM7 numbers too.

And I would want to see numbers for the "RANDOM" benchmark (from the
HPCC benchmark suite) for huge data sets (multi-gigabyte; something
big enough such that not even the page tables fit in the caches).

Mosberger Consulting LLC, voice/fax: 510-744-9372,
http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/
35706 Runckel Lane, Fremont, CA 94536