RE: virtualization hooks patch for ia64 2.6.15

From: Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) <dan.magenheimer_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-10-29 08:51:15
Thanks for your reply Christoph.

See further down in my (admittedly wordy) message.
Some of the Xen/ia64 functionality is shared with Xen/x86
and the Xen/x86 patch is coming through a different channel
so I can't submit a full working Xen/ia64 patch.

This patch provides an ia64 generic abstraction layer which
is required when the (multiple architecture) Xen patch
is ready, but other ia64 virtualization solutions can also
make use of the hooks too.  Since these hooks are largely
independent of the Xen patch, I'm submitting them
separately so that the foundation is ready when the
rest of the Xen stuff gets submitted.