Probing for physical number of cpus.

From: Roy Dragseth <Roy.Dragseth_at_cc.uit.no>
Date: 2005-10-28 21:18:51
Hi.

Do anyone know how to figure out the physical number of cpus in an ia64
system?  No, /proc/cpuinfo wont do because the kernel is booted with
maxcpus=1.

When installing RH EL the install kernel is booted with maxcpus=1 and I need
to figure out the physical number of cpus in the system for later use in the
software setup.  I need to be able to get this from userspace.

Any hints is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
r.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsų, N-9037 TROMSŲ Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00