RE: [Fwd: Weird ia64 problem]

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-10-06 08:33:51
>> Do you expect a partial write, rather than the EAGAIN?
>
>That appears to be what's happening in most other cases, and also
>appears to be what the LSB tests want.

Running with a kernel configured for 4K pagesize, this
test passes (prints "the write appeared to succeed").

I expect this difference in behavior can be traced to when
Linus improved pipe performance by allowing a list of many
pages to implement the pipe buffer.  See http://tinyurl.com/7jfen

The date on this is Jan 6th, 2005 ... which puts it between
2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc1

-Tony