RE: [Fwd: Weird ia64 problem]

From: Jeff Licquia <licquia_at_progeny.com>
Date: 2005-10-06 08:13:05
On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 14:54 -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> >It was suggested to me that this might be of interest outside the LSB,
> >and that I should forward it more widely...
>
> Running under strace, I see you write 2048 bytes at a time until you
> see EAGAIN.  Then you read 4096 bytes to empty the pipe a little.
>
> Then you try to write 4120 bytes (more than you just emptied).
>
> Is that what you are trying to do?

That sounds about right.

FWIW, if you'd like a look at the source of one of the LSB tests that's
failing, see:

http://cvs.gforge.freestandards.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tests/lsb-runtime-test/modules/vsx-pcts/tset/ANSI.os/streamio/fwrite/fwrite.c?rev=1.1.1.1&contenttype=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=lsb

Look at function "test3", specifically the part after where it reports
"testing assertion using non-blocking pipe".

> Do you expect a partial write, rather than the EAGAIN?

That appears to be what's happening in most other cases, and also
appears to be what the LSB tests want.