Re: Using Cpusets with HyperThreads

From: Paul Jackson <pj_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-09-28 02:37:59
Zoltan wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to be able to handle the general case.

One can certainly handle the general case, by explicitly
listing the selected CPUs.

The trade off is in finding a middle path, that is sufficiently
general for most cases, but still easier to use than the brute
force listing the selected CPUs.

I am open to adding a cpuset command option for that middle
path, but I will probably need more inspiration to discover
a good option, and more real life feedback to know what will
be most useful.

> I think we should add the "locality information" into ...

Yes - exposing "locality information" is the half of this
puzzle.  I wish I had been able to spend more time on this
already.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability