Re: ia64 dispersal analysis capability

From: John S. Worley <jsworley_at_qwest.net>
Date: 2005-09-24 06:41:17
On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 01:23:43PM -0500, Jack Steiner wrote:

 >> In 2002, Gary Hade posted a patch to binutils that added dispersal
 >> analysis to the output of objdump.

 >> Is there another tool that provides the same information?

     In my misspent days at HP, I developed a "tool" that would
postprocess objdump -d (and other disassemblers) and create Excel
CVS files that showed the instruction dispatch. There were models
for Merced (LOL) and McKinley/Madison; Montecito would be relatively
easy to add.

     I had to leave the code when I "left", so perhaps some brave
soul still at HP (Stephan?) could dig it up and release it, or
make it public domain so that I could. Any interest out there?

	Regards,
	John Worley
	jsworley@qwest.net