Re: MCA/INIT: need to wire CURRENT_STACK?

From: David Mosberger-Tang <David.Mosberger_at_acm.org>
Date: 2005-09-22 04:12:58
> BUT ... it raises the question of whether you will do anything
> in your MCA handler that will run into problems because the stack
> is perhaps[1] not pinned ... just mapped by a DTC entry.  I forget
> what the exact issue is that led to pinning the stack with DTR[2],
> but there is a correctness issue involved.  David: memory jog time??

Any virtually mapped memory that needs to be accessed with PSR.IC==0
needs to be pinned because otherwise you'd get a nested TLB fault and
things would go south from there real fast.

Mosberger Consulting LLC, voice/fax: 510-744-9372,
http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/
35706 Runckel Lane, Fremont, CA 94536