Re: Attribute spinlock contention ticks to caller.

From: David Mosberger-Tang <David.Mosberger_at_acm.org>
Date: 2005-09-20 03:52:11
And as Stephane already explained, if you use the right tool, there is
no need for the hack that you suggest.  You can either use a
q-syscollect-like approach (which will give you call-counts, but not
necessarily distribute the time accurately) or you can unwind the
call-stack and even distribute the time correctly.  That's all doable
today without any special-case hacks.

  --david

--
Mosberger Consulting LLC, voice/fax: 510-744-9372,
http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/