RE: Volanomark regress on ia64

From: Chen, Kenneth W <kenneth.w.chen_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-09-19 16:44:33
Nick Piggin wrote on Sunday, September 18, 2005 3:57 AM
> It looks like the problem is confined to ia64? Are the x86-64 machines
> also running with HZ set to 250?

Yes, it appears to be confined to ia64.  X86-64 machines are running at
250 Hz and there is no perf. regression there.

> I would look at differences between SD_CPU_INIT for ia64 versus the
> generic definition. cache_hot_time and cache_nice_tries by the looks,
> both those could cause increased idle time.

Thanks for the suggestion.  My first experiment was in those area as
well, in particular changing newidle_idx and idle_idx.  I have not yet
come up any concrete resolution.

- Ken