Re: patches added to test tree

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-09-17 00:54:39
On Thursday 15 September 2005 10:26 pm, Luck, Tony wrote:
> >To: linux-ia64@vger.kernel.org
> >Subject: patches added to test tree
> >
> >The following patches have been added to the test tree:

> Bjorn suggested that it would be helpful if I announced
> when things have gone into my trees.  Let me know if I should
> change the format, or add more information to these announce
> e-mails.

This is helpful, thanks.  It occurred to me last night (before
I saw your "patches added" mail) that the low-tech solution of
a response to the email containing the original patch has the
advantage of meaningful subject lines and being close in the
email archives.  And it gives a nice place to comment on tweaks
that you might have to make to resolve conflicts.

But I know that's a bit more work and might not fit your
workflow of moving patches between trees, so it's just a
possibility.