RE: Is git broken?

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2005-09-14 07:19:09
>I've just run git-update-server-info to build the indexes, so wait
>a few minutes for them to be mirrored and try the pull again.

If you have a recently pulled "linus" tree, then just copy/link the
two latest pack files from .git/objects/pack (they have names
that start with "pack-eceba347...") into .git/objects/pack in your
local copy of my tree.  That will save you pulling a 78MB file down
from kernel.org.

It is also possible that GIT is playing up.  I'm now using the
objects/info/alternates feature on kernel.org that should tell
GIT to look for anything it can't find in my tree in Linus' tree.

-Tony