Re: 2.6.13 does not boot on Eiger

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2005-09-01 02:27:09
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 10:18 am, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com> writes:
>
> > Does the MCA log say anything useful?
>
> How can I find out?

On HP boxes, you can do "errdump mca" (for zx1 boxes) or
"errdump all mca" (for sx1000 boxes) at the EFI shell.
If you can boot a working kernel, salinfod will also
extract the logs and drop them in /var/log/salinfo.
There's a decoded/ directory, which is basically the
same output as "errdump", and a raw/ directory, which
contains binary files that can be run through a decoder
(which is unfortunately proprietary).

> > P.S.  What is your firmware "acpiconfig" mode? My eiger is
> > in "default" mode,
>
> Likewise.

Type "acpiconfig" at the EFI shell prompt.