Re: Delete scheduler SD_WAKE_AFFINE and SD_WAKE_BALANCE flags

From: Ingo Molnar <mingo_at_elte.hu>
Date: 2005-07-30 02:40:11
* Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Chen, Kenneth W wrote:
> >Nick Piggin wrote on Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:01 PM
>
> >This clearly outlines an issue with the implementation.  Optimize for one
> >type of workload has detrimental effect on another workload and vice versa.
> >

> Yep. That comes up fairly regularly when tuning the scheduler :(

in this particular case we can clearly separate the two workloads
though: CPU-overload (Ken's benchmark) vs. half-load (3-task tbench). So
by checking for migration target/source idleness we can have a hard
separator for wakeup balancing. (whether it works out for both types of
workloads remains to be seen)

	Ingo