Re: Add prefetch switch stack hook in scheduler function

From: Ingo Molnar <mingo_at_elte.hu>
Date: 2005-07-28 17:41:18
* david mosberger <dmosberger@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, should this be called prefetch_stack() or perhaps even just
> prefetch_task()?  Not every architecture defines a switch_stack
> structure.

yeah. I'd too suggest to call it prefetch_stack(), and not make it a
macro & hook but something defined on all arches, with for now only ia64
having any real code in the inline function.

i'm wondering, is the switch_stack at the same/similar place as
next->thread_info? If yes then we could simply do a
prefetch(next->thread_info).

	Ingo