Re: [NUMA] Display and modify the memory policy of a process through /proc/<pid>/numa_policy

From: Paul Jackson <pj_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-07-16 07:04:37
Christoph wrote:
> I think the syscall interface is plainly wrong for monitoring and managing
> a process.

Well ... actually I'd have to agree with that.  I chose a filesys
interface for cpusets for similar reasons.

However in this case, the added functionality seems so close to
mbind/mempolicy that one has to at least give consideration to
remaining consistent with that style of interface.

These questions of interface style (filesys or syscall) probably don't
matter, however. at least not yet.  First we need to make sense of
the larger issues that Ken and Andi raise, of whether this is a good
thing to do.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability