Re: [NUMA] Display and modify the memory policy of a process through /proc/<pid>/numa_policy

From: Paul Jackson <pj_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2005-07-15 16:05:01
Christoph wrote:
> This is an implementation that deals with monitoring and managing running
> processes.

So is this patch roughly equivalent to adding a pid to the
mbind/set_mempolicy/get_mempolicy system calls?

Not that I am advocating for or against adding doing that.  But this
seems like alot of code, with new and exciting API details, just to
add a pid argument, if such it be.

Andi - could you remind us all why you chose not to have a pid argument
in these calls?

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability